333 Fowlkes Street
Bill’s Grocery opened in 1932. W. R. Krampitz got his start in the grocery business in the John Hackbath Store in 1917. He opened his store on Main Street in what later became a book store on Main with staff that included himself and Mrs. Krampitz. In 1939 he expanded his business into the next building into what had later became known as the Kluchan building where he conducted business until he moved into a very modern building on Fowlkes St.
Harold joined his father in business in 1947 following his return from the service. Seeing a need for expansion, Krampitz built his first store in 1950. An enlargement of those facilitys occured in 1962.
From this building with 6500 sq ft, the store housed its brand new quarters in a modern 12,000 sq ft. building on the corner of Front and 4th Street facing west in 1972. In 1976 another expanssion was made. -The Sealy News
A huge thank you to the Sealy News for helping to keep our History alive